The Pepper Cottage is an ideal place for bird watching. One can easily spot a variety of different birds around the area, especially in the early morning hours. We discovered around 30 different species of which some are endemic. For instance: the Sri Lankan (SL) Yellow-fronted Barbet, SL Grey Hornbill, Ceylon Wood Pigeon, Orange minivet, Black-hooded oriole, Common kingfisher, Chestnut Bee-eater, Red vented bulbul, Southern Coucal, Black Eagle.
Binoculars Nikon for bird watching
For these bird-watchers (and others) we have a good pair of Nikon binoculars available in the house. Please use it with care!
Nikon Action EX 8×40 waterproof.
- Protect it from shock (DO NOT DROP IT!).
- Avoid rain and water splashes, sand and mud. If it gets wet, wipe the water off as soon as possible.
- After using it on a rainy day or at night, thoroughly dry it.
- Please place it back on the cupboard after using it.
- Do not leave the binoculars outside or near heating equipment.
- The binoculares is not allowed off the property without permission of Lushan.